Tuesday, January 23, 2018

Reading Options

I can get behind self-selecting stories to read every week! I hope that I'll be able to find a few I can get inspired by. Below, I've linked some units that caught my eye.

I feel like the story of The Monkey King is one that's popped up in pop culture over the years  ("Wukong" is in a few video games!). It'd be neat to explore his roots in the more traditional sense. I think I'll be reading this unit!

The Robin Hood unit surprised me when I went to check it out because it's organized into ballads instead of long-form stories. Reading a bunch of shorter ballads might be right up the alley of my often-short attention span.

Twenty-Two Goblins caught my eye because of the sheer number of goblins described by the title. Just like the Robin Hood unit, it looks like this one is divided up into short stories, and I'm actually pretty curious to read about Sanskrit depictions of this particular fantasy creature.

Should I expect this kind of goblin? (Wikimedia Commons)

No comments:

Post a Comment