Wednesday, March 7, 2018

Week 8 Comments and Feedback

I think that the feedback in this class has been helpful not only as a way to get critique of my writing, but as a motivator to do well. The grades in this class are based on completion, and I'm honestly not sure that I'd be motivated to give it my all if not for the fact that other people in the class read my work. That said, the critiques themselves have also been helpful, as I can get a gauge of what's working and what really isn't.

I think that I have been able to give honest and sincere feedback on other people's stories. I think that if I struggle its in giving constructive feedback instead of flat praise. It's really easy to tell someone they did a great job and really hard to offer suggestions for improvement. Overall, I think I've struck a decent balance and hope that the other people in my class get something out of my feedback.

Blog comments have been a fun way to get to know the personalities behind the stories. I think getting to know our classmates has helped us in the other areas of the class. I do think that, to a degree, the introductions are effective in helping us get a sense of one another. I'm not sure that my "online" personality is the same as my "in person" personality, but it counts for something!

I think that I'm on the right track with my feedback and comments and will strive to continue giving quality thoughts to others about their work. As far as my blog goes, I do think that I'll continue to do "tech tips" as the ones that I have done have made my blog better (and have given me a grade buffer!)

A quality cat meme from Growth Mindset Resources.

We were asked to find an image that captures our thoughts on the importance of feedback. The above image is a great example, and speaks to the importance of feedback as a collaborative exercise by which we help each other reach new heights.

No comments:

Post a Comment