Tuesday, March 6, 2018

Week 8 Reading and Writing

I've enjoyed most of the readings that I've done in this class, and I think that a big part of that is the freedom to choose what we read. There's been a couple times that I've started a story only to pick another one halfway through. So far, my favorite story has probably been the legend of Rasa Rasalu. I think his adventures are hilarious because of how wildly powerful he is. The reader is made to feel like the world is just a playground for this guy.

A painting of Psyche and her adoring crowd, created by Luca Giordano (Wikimedia Commons)

I definitely have a soft spot for the classical paintings inspired by greek and roman myth, so I liked the opportunity to see a lot of those over the two weeks that we covered this mythology. Above is one that I think is especially cool!

Looking ahead, I think I want to really seek out readings that help me to write my storybook. I'd love to base more of the creatures and magic on existing mythology! I've started to do that already, but there's always room for more.


No comments:

Post a Comment